Do You Know Anyone Looking For An Apprentice In Stockport?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mrs Secure helps young people into work (she loves it, and bends my ear about it all the time!). She works in Stockport.

Today a colleague of hers mentioned that Stockport is really short of apprenticeships for future electricians, so she’d like me to ask if there are any electrical businesses in Stockport that might be willing to offer an Electrical/ Electronic Engineering Apprenticeship? There are a lot of financial incentives to encourage employers to do it, including £3000 per apprentice till end of November. There are even more incentives to take on a care leaver, or young person with disability/ learning disability.

Stockport is the only place in the country that has an Apprenticeship Store to help apprentices and employers. If anyone is interested, please let me know and Mrs Secure is happy to put you in touch with them. They can help you if you’ve never employed an apprentice before.

Employer Funding & Incentives

- Employers with under 50 employees will have all training costs covered where they take on a 16-18 year old, or a 19-24 year old who is also a Care Leaver and/or has an EHCP (Education, Health & Care Plan)

- Currently, employers are receiving additional financial incentives due to Covid-19. This is £3000 per apprentice until the end of November 2021.

- Employers receive a £1000 incentive for taking on a young person aged 16-18, a Care-leaver aged 19-24 or a young person with an Education Health and care Plan (known in the past as a Statement), aged 19-24. The employer can choose how to spend this, but some spend it on adjustments and equipment.

- Employer incentive info HERE.

Please let me know if you are in Stockport and would like to know more!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Going to bump this up as I think it's a good scheme.

However the company I work for have given up on apprentices, the past 6 years have been terrible for quality of students. None of them seem to want to work and would rather live off mum and dad, or their parents phone up shouting and hollaring how dare we make their precious boy/girl lift something that is 20kg and oily. Best one was we sent an apprentice on site for 4 days to gain experience working on a vessel with 3 senior engineers, day 2 we get a phonecall from his mum that we're working him to hard and he doesn't like staying in a hotel so he must come home immediately, or she's going to drive there and get him....

We've had some that just wouldn't do basic instructions, then when they got pulled to one side and told off started balling their eyes out. His dad was on the phone the next day..

All they want to do these days is be a social media queen or play cod 24/7, it's extremely rare to find one that has a can do attitude common sense and a willingness to work.

I genuinely worry about the future and fully see why we have to import labour..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back