Do you need a room stat??????

Years and Years and too many years ago... I just do it properly. don't have to worry about the ins and outs

Serviced a Turbomax today. All trvs. No stat Customer wondering why their gas bills were high :rolleyes:

hey ho.

It is pretty obvious from the OP's OP that there needed to be a room stat.

Sponsored Links
Yep fitting an INTERLOCK is the proper way no matter how cheaply or expensively it is achieved.

I went to a job today gravity hot water and no trvs costs them a fortune to run as well but same as your turbomax it has no relevance to this topic

True - at the moment.

In 12 months when the OP has a huge gas bill, and the wife has boycotted the upgrade ('cos women are always right :rolleyes: ) both our examples today will be relevant.

Dan could you show me at any point in this thread where i said the guy did not need an interlock to achieve an efficient system .
I havent even commented on what the guy was doing because at the time i commented he had not even said what boiler he was having fitted, which has as i have explained a major relevance on what can be done

Sponsored Links
All this quibbling might be entertaining to gasmen, but basically, anyone8542 hasn't got a stat, and should have.

Thanks for all the replies.
I didn't think it would cause this much debate.
I will however be speaking with my plumber and getting him to sort a room stat out as it would seam that i do need one just for the sake of saving money in the long run.

Thanks again for all your replies

Just get him to fit a wireless programmable stat. Just did that for my MIL, and it only cost £70 it think. Saves her having to crawl to the timer under the stairs, can set the temp and programm at ease, and save cash.

I cant imagine having to go out everytime i wanted to turn the heating off,set timer etc. What a faff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back