Do you need to be CORGI Registered?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do someone need to be CORGI registered for changing the motorised valve /the motor for the valve or adding or removing any of the hot water pipes...??? or even adding a new radiator.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Does that mean we can do any fo the plumbing work ..except for installing a boiler and servicing it..?

Corgi only covers gas work, so technically you can install the boiler as well providing a registered gas instaler disconnects the gas supply from the old boiler.. and connects it up to the new 1 again, then commissions it.

As apart from the gas you would only be connecting water pipes.

But i could be wrong so i stand corrected if i am.

It is generally accepted that you need an RGI (I wish everyone would stop using 'CORGI' as a generic term) to hang the boiler, fit the flue, connect the gas and commission it.

It is generally accepted that you need an RGI (I wish everyone would stop using 'CORGI' as a generic term) to hang the boiler, fit the flue, connect the gas and commission it.
I seem to remember hearing that corgi had lost the contract to defra or somebody, so your comment about them would be especially true.

I seem to remember hearing that corgi had lost the contract to defra or somebody, so your comment about them would be especially true.

LOL @ DEFRA :LOL:

Capita are taking over the registration of gas engineers. Also heard today that corgi are offering a voluntary register on top of capita so that RGIs can continue to use the corgi name. at a cost of course ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back