not corgi registered

Sponsored Links
I went to see a boiler which was installed for only £250 last week by a non registered installer.

The flue was up against the eaves, wrong filling loop, not a condensing boiler, he did not flush the system and was not CORGI registered.

Because of system dirt, the plate heat exchanger has become blocked up and there is no DHW any more.

The tenants have not paid him yet but he did act responsibily and has agreed for the tenants to pay for the power flushing and deduct it from his bill. Installing that boiler will cost him £100 !

And this was an Englishman in his 50s !

This is the kind of thing which you can get with an unregistered installer!

Tony

plrreregistered said:
Just for the record, now I understand how it works I will be only using a corgi registered person and have declined the non registered chaps offer.

I have no desire to break the law or more importantly put anyone at rick including myself.

Many Thanks for coming back to me and the info.

(I cancelled my registration after yesterdays comments but re registered to reply)
Fair play - a very gracious reply. (jdey take note - this is how to do it.)

sorry if i was a bit harsh but I get landlords asking my to cut corners everyday at work so I tend to get irate when i see it.

Sponsored Links
jdey said:
This view has been delayed by a week, however, by the tirade of abuse that I get from plumbers on this site.
The abuse DELAYED you?! You have got to be kidding!

If you're not, then just f*** off.

:oops: I've been trying to hide it, but the truth will out :eek:

hmmmmm lemme think.... culpable manslaughter i think it's called....
and ignorance is no defence.... and in this age of litigation claims etc etc better to be safe and sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back