dodgy builder, makes a mess, sods off, then asks for payment

A CCJ is registered, which remains in effect for 6 years (and is regstered with the various credit agencies). The court decides what compensation should be paid (if any) and informs the losing party. Failure to comply can result in Bailiffs being instructed to recover monies or goods to the appropriate value. They cannot, however, remove goods that are related to his business or that would prevent him from carrying out his business (eg., tools, company vehicles etc...)

Sponsored Links
And if they aint got no goods you can sieze Moz--back to court? more expense?

Not all of them. We've just had our loft converted as well and the builder we had for this was excellent, written quote, informed us along the way of any problems, organised all the additional workmen such as electrician, plumber and plasterer. Went with us when we did a snag list and fixed them before any payment. Very happy with him :D

mike

Right forget the insurence company just say it is an individual what happens with your court order Iggy?

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
Igorian said:
A CCJ is registered, which remains in effect for 6 years (and is regstered with the various credit agencies). The court decides what compensation should be paid (if any) and informs the losing party. Failure to comply can result in Bailiffs being instructed to recover monies or goods to the appropriate value. They cannot, however, remove goods that are related to his business or that would prevent him from carrying out his business (eg., tools, company vehicles etc...)

Right forget the insurence company just say it is an individual what happens with your court order Iggy?

Not sure what you mean Freddie.

The bad customers(mostly asians ..!!!) Ive had in the past are the ....

you do a boss job for them then they want extra work while there ...

I give them a written Estimate for work

you finish initial work an then they think the other work is included in 1st work ...

they then get very funny/nasty an refuse to pay up ,

even shout an holler in the street as you leave that you are a cowboy etc ..

those type get the full Nasty Moz treatment ..lol
I win in the claims court an employ this Family who live on my old sink estate (they are regd bailiffs, the mum has no crim record )

an once they turn your house over you regret taking the Pi**

should be a prog
CUSTOMER FROM HELL

btw there is always "ways" to take from those who say they have nothing in their name ..(again the asians are good at this slimy trick when the bailiffs GO IN )

Freddie said:
Igorian said:
Freddie said:
Igorian said:

Not sure what you mean Freddie.

Your ccj--court order has to be served either by registered post or by a court official or a representative of the courts i.e. a private detective ( PD ) employed to do this job--but if they cant find this person it starts to get a bit s##ty and or they may employ a PD to try and trace this person etc etc etc--but even then he may not comply even though the court order has been served so then he has broken the law, but then again he has to be found to enforce the law---it can work out tremendously expensive and often when people know this they often dont bother going through the process.

Also people know the law and its process's and are repeatable offenders at the same thing and always stay just the one side of the law knowing just how much to push the limits --if they do get caught and they have no assets the whole thing becomes one big farce and they know it

The CCJ is in effect once the court has issued it, even if the party moves on and hasn't received notification of it. Not a perfect system because the address plays a major part in the CCJ, and an innocent party who may move there can get caught up in it and has to go through the process of disassociation. This is where the credit reference agencies come into play and use various methods to attempt to trace individuals to addresses (which is why you sometimes get asked for your previous address when applying for credit, especially if you haven't lived at your current address for 3 years).

Moz said:
The bad customers(mostly asians ..!!!) Ive had in the past are the ....

you do a boss job for them then they want extra work while there ...

I give them a written Estimate for work

you finish initial work an then they think the other work is included in 1st work ...

they then get very funny/nasty an refuse to pay up ,

even shout an holler in the street as you leave that you are a cowboy etc ..

those type get the full Nasty Moz treatment ..lol
I win in the claims court an employ this Family who live on my old sink estate (they are regd bailiffs, the mum has no crim record )

an once they turn your house over you regret taking the Pi**

should be a prog
CUSTOMER FROM HELL

btw there is always "ways" to take from those who say they have nothing in their name ..(again the asians are good at this slimy trick when the bailiffs GO IN )
for someone who dislikes asian customers so much he does an awful lot of work for them, perhaps he likes being ripped off as he suggests they do. ;)

kendor
dont talk like a PR*CK ...

I live in Greater Manchester , 50% of my customers are asians , P**is, Indians, sikhs , whatever I owe my Extention to my wonderful brown mates around Rusholme ...
Wonderful Warm people ... but a few are Conmen .... as are whites blacks etc ...
DONT TURN THIS INTO A RACIST THREAD ..fool

Btw I was nominateed twice By the local asian community too Manchester Chamber of Commerce Businessman of the Year Award a couple of years ago ...smashing lovely people ;)

Moz said:
kendor
dont talk like a PR*CK ...

I live in Greater Manchester , 50% of my customers are asians , P**is, Indians, sikhs , whatever I owe my Extention to my wonderful brown mates around Rusholme ...
Wonderful Warm people ... but a few are Conmen .... as are whites blacks etc ...
DONT TURN THIS INTO A RACIST THREAD ..fool

Btw I was nominateed twice By the local asian community too Manchester Chamber of Commerce Businessman of the Year Award a couple of years ago ...smashing lovely people ;)
so you're an expert on pricks aswell ;) who is talking about racism i merely wondered why you work for them yet are slagging them off in your previous post! they could have been englishmen for arguments sake! it's the way you slagged them off yet seem quite happy taking their money that made me wonder.

Freddie said:
It may be in effect but how can it be enforced if the other person doesnt know it's been issued :D he has to notified or it served on him you cant just turn up at his house and arrest him for something he knows nothing of 6 months later
Freddie, You seem unable to comprehend that Mike is not a tradesman seeking payment from a customer, but is reacting to a bill demanding money from him.

You've foolishly ignored your wife's advice, which is to leave the topic to those who know more about the subject, and instead you persist with your ridiculous crusade against those who evade CCJs, presumably because you and/or your wife have failed so many times in the past.

The only response I'll make to the detail of your postings is point out that the court order is not "served" upon the losing party. It is the summons that is served, and if a defendent is foolish enough to lie about receiving it, then fail to turn up at court, then ignore the order that results from failing to turn up, then he deserves everything that happens afterwards.

Notwithstanding all of that, Mike's question had nothing to do with the Civil Procedure Rules and how a case proceeds through the County Court, he just wanted to know his legal position. This has now been explained, at some length, and all you're doing is muddying the waters with statements that are are highly inaccurate and misleading.

Don't you have the self-control to leave this alone?

Moz and kendor - please, for once, could you make an extra special effort to avoid bringing race into a topic?

Sponsored Links
Back