Position of taps in Shower Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are having our bathroom done and the bloke originally old us we could have the taps positioned in the centre of the bath rather than at the end. (we are having a new shower bath). He now says you can only have these with "double moulded baths".

My Missus is adamant that he promised we could have the tap in the centre with the shower bath.

Your views would be appreciated as ever.

Ta

Longshanks

Sponsored Links
We are also doing this; we are fitting a P shaped bath with a curved screen. We have already realised that the bath taps and the shower valve will need to be at around the middle of the bath so that you can reach them from outside the screen!

It all depends what the manufacturer has to say about the individual bath, but....

Is there a flat area on the side of the bath big enough to mount the filler?
Will it interfere with any part of the bath structure on the underside?
Can you turn the taps without jamming your fingers against the wall?
Is the filler going to get in your way when you are using the bath?

Have you considered a wall mounted bath filler?

Sponsored Links
you want them like this.

moto_0018.jpg

Agree with Seco, you purchase an un-drilled bath and put the taps where you want them, top middle or bottom.

Rigid, you are have a hinged shower door are,nt you :?:

Many thanks for these responses.

Someone's telling porkies me thinks.

L

Or may have made a simple mistake!
You often cant have them at the shower end for lack of room.

Her indoors absolutely unshakable that the geezer said we could ave em in the middle and against the wall. I'm sure I've seen loads of baths in B&Q with this configuration.

L

depending on your taps if you have a bath like i showed you you'll be lucky to get taps on the back.

and one thing with taps on the back if you get any problems in the future you can't get access.

Er... yes I suppose our curved screen will be hinged but the bath has an upstand (Yay! At last, a sensible design!) so will probably only hinge inwards, so the taps and valve still need to be accessible from outside.

I am going for a wall-mounted filler - it will make fitting the bath easier, keep the deck clear and if anything goes wrong I can cut out a patch in the adjacent room, which is easier than pulling out the bath and disturbing the wall board etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back