Taps in centre of bath and against a solid wall (UK)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Buxton-Double-Ended-Bath-n-l.jpg

The bath is my flat has taps in the centre, not too dissimilar to the above, except I don't even have access to the right hand side of the bath (as there is a wall there). I want to replace the taps and add a shower-head tap mixer to my bath. Is this possible without ripping the entire bath out?

Does anyone have a rough cost of what this would be (I am based in the North West of England)

Sponsored Links
I am afraid your Bath needs to come out from wall Mark .there are taps that can be fitted / removed from above.post a pic of yours ,you may be lucky but they are not too common in my experience.

Hello Terry, I believe you are correct but here are the taps anyway.

Wo6BocQ.jpg

Do you know how much work is in involved in rerouting the pipes to be at the end of the bath rather than the middle?

What`s on the other side of the wall Mark? If it`s a bedroom I`ve known people go in that way. :sneaky:

Sponsored Links
Solid wall JP ,in thread title. Not much work In moving pipework Mark ,but you would need a new bath unless you can live with the two holes where current taps are being bunged up. And yes those taps can't be removed in situ.

Solid wall JP ,in thread title. Not much work In moving pipework Mark ,but you would need a new bath unless you can live with the two holes where current taps are being bunged up. And yes those taps can't be removed in situ.
Still seen it done Terry, just a small hatch with 4"x2" (or larger) timber support mind.

Yeah, it’s solid wall (apartment block). Okay thanks terry, peace of mind confirming with you! I’ll go and get a quote.

Very much appreciated.

It is possible to replace taps like this without removing the bath... you just need someone skinny and flexible. I've done it before, but I've had a few pies since!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back