dodgy builder, makes a mess, sods off, then asks for payment

Again Softus???? Did you notice i was giving open info and not directed as to what Mike may do but as to what ANY or BOTH or to spell it out for you WHAT THE BUILDER may do if some one was too challenge---I did give more than enough hints--i couldnt have been more obvious for christs sake

Too be honest my point was if yopu are unfortunate as to get some one who knows the ropes--DONT BOTHER AND SAVE YOUR CASH AND HEARTACHE

Sponsored Links
Freddie, in the interests of a peaceful life, I'll stand back, accept that I may have misinterpreted your intent, and offer my apologies.

Softus said:
Freddie, in the interests of a peaceful life, I'll stand back, accept that I may have misinterpreted your intent, and offer my apologies.

No need to appologise Softus you did nothing wrong we arent in a pub where we can stop one another and explain we are in a forum with a large time delay because i can only type with one finger and it causes communication problems :)

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
Igorian said:
Freddie said:
Igorian said:
Freddie said:
Igorian said:
A CCJ is registered, which remains in effect for 6 years (and is regstered with the various credit agencies). The court decides what compensation should be paid (if any) and informs the losing party. Failure to comply can result in Bailiffs being instructed to recover monies or goods to the appropriate value. They cannot, however, remove goods that are related to his business or that would prevent him from carrying out his business (eg., tools, company vehicles etc...)

Right forget the insurence company just say it is an individual what happens with your court order Iggy?

Not sure what you mean Freddie.

Your ccj--court order has to be served either by registered post or by a court official or a representative of the courts i.e. a private detective ( PD ) employed to do this job--but if they cant find this person it starts to get a bit s##ty and or they may employ a PD to try and trace this person etc etc etc--but even then he may not comply even though the court order has been served so then he has broken the law, but then again he has to be found to enforce the law---it can work out tremendously expensive and often when people know this they often dont bother going through the process.

Also people know the law and its process's and are repeatable offenders at the same thing and always stay just the one side of the law knowing just how much to push the limits --if they do get caught and they have no assets the whole thing becomes one big farce and they know it

The CCJ is in effect once the court has issued it, even if the party moves on and hasn't received notification of it. Not a perfect system because the address plays a major part in the CCJ, and an innocent party who may move there can get caught up in it and has to go through the process of disassociation. This is where the credit reference agencies come into play and use various methods to attempt to trace individuals to addresses (which is why you sometimes get asked for your previous address when applying for credit, especially if you haven't lived at your current address for 3 years).

It may be in effect but how can it be enforced if the other person doesnt know it's been issued :D he has to notified or it served on him you cant just turn up at his house and arrest him for something he knows nothing of 6 months later

Apologies for the delay in my reply. The pub was beaconing. Well, he will receive a notification by post and it is registered with the major credit reference agencies. My example was assuming that he had moved to perhaps avoid the consequences. Anyway, if he fails to turn up to court, he'd have to be pretty ignorant to assume that a CCJ would not be issued, but ignorance of the law cannot be used as an excuse.

Igorian said:
Apologies for the delay in my reply. The pub was beaconing. Well, he will receive a notification by post and it is registered with the major credit reference agencies. My example was assuming that he had moved to perhaps avoid the consequences. Anyway, if he fails to turn up to court, he'd have to be pretty ignorant to assume that a CCJ would not be issued, but ignorance of the law cannot be used as an excuse.
This is a lame comment; or are those allowed outside Plumbing and Electrics?

In any case, you're confusing ignorance of the law with ignorance of the process of the justice system, which are not one and the same.

Whilst ignorance of the law is not accepted, by the bench, as a mitigation for breaking it, ignorance of the process is actually assumed, hence the persistent recommendation that defendents seek professional representation.

Since courts send summonses (excuse spelling if wrong) by standard post, there is no proof that one has been delivered, and defendants are therefore given the benefit of the doubt. So, a defendant who receives a CCJ is at liberty to claim that he was unaware of the summons, and thereby also unaware of the hearing, and may apply to set aside the judgement so that the case may be heard again.

PS Has the pub since been extinguished?

Moz said:
kendor
dont talk like a PR*CK ...

I live in Greater Manchester , 50% of my customers are asians , P**is, Indians, sikhs , whatever I owe my Extention to my wonderful brown mates around Rusholme ...
Wonderful Warm people ... but a few are Conmen .... as are whites blacks etc ...
DONT TURN THIS INTO A RACIST THREAD ..fool

Btw I was nominateed twice By the local asian community too Manchester Chamber of Commerce Businessman of the Year Award a couple of years ago ...smashing lovely people ;)

well moz your not just a **** head you work aswell. Im only around the corner from rusholme, nominated twice hay you must do more work for the asians than you let on. A few are conmen lol i wouldnt say "con" id say smart arses who when they find a nice builder like yourself they will keep you going for the rest of your life but ill guarantee you will always be owed money :LOL: and you know it. huda hafiz

Softus said:
Igorian said:
This is a lame comment; or are those allowed outside Plumbing and Electrics?

In any case, you're confusing ignorance of the law with ignorance of the process of the justice system, which are not one and the same.

Whilst ignorance of the law is not accepted, by the bench, as a mitigation for breaking it, ignorance of the process is actually assumed, hence the persistent recommendation that defendents seek professional representation.

Since courts send summonses (excuse spelling if wrong) by standard post, there is no proof that one has been delivered, and defendants are therefore given the benefit of the doubt. So, a defendant who receives a CCJ is at liberty to claim that he was unaware of the summons, and thereby also unaware of the hearing, and may apply to set aside the judgement so that the case may be heard again.

PS Has the pub since been extinguished?

You do make me laugh. My comment downstairs in computing was made in jest and I had hoped you would take it that way as we had not spoken before, but I guess not.

I actually have a CCJ, and the summons arrived by recorded delivery, which is why I know a little of the process and decided to comment.

Why do people insist on making derogatory remarks when they disagree. I was simply answering the question.

Igorian said:
You do make me laugh. My comment downstairs in computing was made in jest and I had hoped you would take it that way as we had not spoken before, but I guess not.
Ah. You got me - I'll just extracate myself from the hook...

Igorian said:
I actually have a CCJ, and the summons arrived by recorded delivery, which is why I know a little of the process and decided to comment.
Fair play.

Igorian said:
Why do people insist on making derogatory remarks when they disagree. I was simply answering the question.
Hang on a tick - why the generalisation? And, since you cast the line, surely you have to take some responsibility for being bitten by the fish you landed?

Moz said "DONT TURN THIS INTO A RACIST THREAD ..fool"
Anyone recognise the little 'add on' at the sentence ending?
Who likes using that little rebuff usually?

;)

Softus said:
Moz and kendor - please, for once, could you make an extra special effort to avoid bringing race into a topic?
Softus as stated in my previous reply i didn't bring race into it i was merely saying asians because they had been mentioned and i said it could have been englishmen purely to bolster my argument that if a person knows certain others are bad customers then why do work for them in the first place.

kendor said:
Softus as stated in my previous reply i didn't bring race into it i was merely saying ...
Oh, Jesus H. Christ can you not let it lie? :!: :!:

Softus said:
Igorian said:
Ah. You got me - I'll just extracate myself from the hook...

Igorian said:
Fair play.

Igorian said:
Hang on a tick - why the generalisation? And, since you cast the line, surely you have to take some responsibility for being bitten by the fish you landed?

It wasn't my intention to bait you old chap, I genuinely thought we were having a laugh and a joke downstairs. I think the problem lies in the fact that of late, this forum has degenerated a little and we have become very suspicious of each others intentions, which is kind of why I rarely post upstairs.

Allow me to remove the hook for you as an offering of good will, which is always my intention. Computing is so damned dull that I need some humour to keep me sane throughout the day.

Apologies for hijacking this thread. :LOL: hic.

Sponsored Links
Back