Dodgy Glowworm 30CXI.... help!!

Remove the pump, remove all those nasty plastic bits, remove the gas valve....

Not needed at all.

Undo a gas pipe and the connection from the main hex to the hydroblock, which then lifts/pulls/swings out of the way, though it isn't obvious that it will. There's a cutout in the metalwork.
2 screws and it's out. Once you've done one they're out in under a minute after draining, moaning, etc..

Sponsored Links
OP does the boiler stay in water demand. By this I mean does the front display show pressure and not temperature. Also if you put the boiler in DHW demand then remove the motor head from the divertor block on the left by taking the clip out does the rad still get warm and can you see the motor moving its little pin in and out.

Stan

pannierstan said:
taking the clip out
Stan

Taking out little clips on that model is often a recipe for getting wet !

I am pleased top hear from Chris that it is possible to take out the plate so easily from the front.

As no one else has suggested that before then it must be little known. I will bear that in mind but it will not alter my feeling that these boilers are better avoided as if they were Sonys Duvals unless its something simple like a PRV or DHW flow detector.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I love these things, there is nothing easier to work on. Wouldn't have one myself but you can have both heat exchangers and the gas valve stripped on the bench within 30 mins......and often need to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back