dodgy imperial copper pipe sizing sheffield area

Sponsored Links
Bunny many years since i done job over that way but would think houses 2 new to have that stuff . This was in deepest wellingb`o

I found some screwed copper, just like iron barrel, in St Austell, and some smaller screwed copper with what was known locally as 40 thread in Hinckley. That was 40 threads per inch, at a casual glance I thought it was 3/8" MI, but it wasn't. This was about 30 years ago.

I found some screwed copper, just like iron barrel, in St Austell, and some smaller screwed copper with what was known locally as 40 thread in Hinckley. That was 40 threads per inch, at a casual glance I thought it was 3/8" MI, but it wasn't. This was about 30 years ago.
that is the same i came across i kept the pieces i took out and i would say it is 40 threads and not 3/8 bspt as it seems its all over the country ,,,it must of been mass manufactured but who ???? the house i took it from was 60 or 70 years old its built the same as others in the area yet none have it fitted,,, the other a 17 century cottage 50 miles apart

Sponsored Links
The house in Hinckley was built in 1935. Local merchants had fittings for this pipe 30 years ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back