dodgy plumber?

Sponsored Links
Chaps dont fall out over my posting, as I have said you assistance in the past has been brilliant.

Just a quick updater, checked fittings he had put in inserts. As regards what sort of plumber was he. Well he was recommended to my pal by a fellow U10's Football spectator! He has been in the game since he was 18 and has worked up to very recently with the same organisation, Birmingham City Council.

A video of the cascading water has been taken and numerous photos of his "workmanship", you would not believe one connection, he has taken four (4) plastic joints to join two pipes no more than 8 inches apart!

I have told the couple to ask for a full detailed invoice from him and then the extra work involved for damage etc can be discussed. The kitchen ceiling alone which was bulging, drilled a hole to release water, will run to a couple of hundred, blown tiles, electric inspection as water ingressed sockets etc, etc. Have to be careful as my pal is weak and could be talked into paying up in full, told him to act professionally.

As a final aside if some were thinking that anyone can have an unfortunate accident and have a leak, I found out this morning that water over a period of 8 days cascaded through the ceiling on no less than 5 occasions. I did ask if his mode of transport was a covered wagon!!

You guys have no competition keep up the good work, Cheers.

Thanks for elaborating on your original post. It does appear from what you have told us to be the work of a dodgy worker. I wont use the P word in association with the 'dodgy' adjective as that could be contrived as an insult to the trade!
Got any pics so we can have a laugh?

Make sure you take plenty of photos of his 'work' before getting it done properly... shame that these guys give the rest of us a bad name. No one is perfect and we all have the odd leak, and pressure testing hidden pipework first finds any real nasties, but this sounds like a real nightmare...

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bring this post back up but I thinks its unbeleivable how this guy could think 3 pumps in a row could be faulty when he's been a plumber all his life. :LOL:

As Agile says you should always check your workmans capabilities, As you dont know who your letting in
Which can be slightly awkward for plumbers as they dont have to be registered.

A lot easier to check a boiler engineer you would just go to the gassaferegister and type in there name or business name

EG

Tony glazier OR Agile services or even the post code of there business and up come there details and picture
Oh thats strange Tony nothing is coming up for you and your number has also gone from your profile.
Having a bit of trouble are we or have gassafe lost your details.

Just a thought tony i am at installer tomorrow or friday i will run it past the gas safe guys i wouldn`t want you to come a cropper out there working with no registration , it could result in a hefty fine

! He has been in the game since he was 18 and has worked up to very recently with the same organisation, Birmingham City Council.

So he`s still out there..18 months later :rolleyes: ...That`s why Thatcher justified scrapping all the DLO`s ( direct labour organisation)

Just a thought tony i am at installer tomorrow or friday

I'm going friday, and I think tony is too, maybe you should ask him yourself, but to be honest I think you'll just find the gas safe website is impossible for finding people sometimes unless you have their registration number. Also depending on what type of search you do it sometimes doesn't have the option to view engineers. Its a shambles.

just as a test, I just went onto the site and went to "search by name". After entering my name (which I use as my registration as opposed to a business name), I came up as the 20th result, despite no one else having my name or the 2 parts to my name in their entry :rolleyes:

I'm wondering if the search engine is fixed :eek:

Certain key names come up every time, even though they are 50 miles plus from our local engineers.

Mickey . i will give you its not the greatest of search tools but put in your postcode and you will come up first.
His details came up last week with NO qualifications next to it and has now dissappeared(it maybe the site) but why has he removed number from profile .

Agile would you care to put your number up. As you always used to take great pride in it.

Biggest gas event in the country and no gassafe stall, Corgi not inviting them seeing as its there party.

Well pile of brochures, CD`s , memory sticks to mull over if it rains at weekend.

And hate to say it but the Ideal logic does look ok simple design easy to come apart etc . Mind when i asked how much a board was they could not say but the x comes with 5 year parts and labour g`tee.

Liked the look of the ATAG but only for fitting in out of the way places.

I read somewhere that Tony was doing his ACS, was either last week or this week :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back