dodgy tradesmen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya all, im sure like me youve come across a few dodgy tradesmen in your time you know the sort i mean take money run, if they have got to go court they just go bankrupt and start up again, ive come across a particular one a couple of times in the midlands recently, not actually met him but seen his "handy" work. im sure there are more around than we hear off, anyway i was wondering if anyone here names them to each other as a warning or just ignores the fact and helps pick up the pieces??

Sponsored Links
I think each group of trades knows who is dodgy in their area and the word is certainly put about between them.

Unfortunately the most vulnerable in society who cannot afford the more expensive decent tradesperson are usually the ones to get ripped off with dodgy workmanship :cry:

Unfortunately the most vulnerable in society who cannot afford the more expensive decent tradesperson are usually the ones to get ripped off with dodgy workmanship :cry:

too true i was talking to a couple on sat who spent £30,000 in total on a one floor extension and it was ****e

I think each group of trades knows who is dodgy in their area and the word is certainly put about between them.

I think you have a good point there...and also I find that a dodgy builder will be a hub for a dodgy plasterer, plumber, chippie etc (not decorators as we are all decent blokes!)

They tend to stick with their own..they cant get work with decent tradesmen or companies because the honest majority of our trade dont want to know them.

Sponsored Links

I disagree. Certainly, it is a fact that that the elderly are often targeted and ripped off by dodgy workmen. However, I believe that it is the naive rather than the less well off who tend to become the victims. The naive may have the cash that attracts dodgy workmen, the less well off don't

The sad thing about those who are conned is that rather than being stupidly naiive they are kind people who take other people to be like themselves and treat them accordingly. What they don't account for are that there are more than a few individuals with no conscience who present themselves as "nice" people, who have no qualms about taking every penny a person has and then carrying on until that person is deep in debt. When the target is blead dry they move out of the targets life and continue their evil trade somewhere else..

I think you have a good point there...and also I find that a dodgy builder will be a hub for a dodgy plasterer, plumber, chippie etc (not decorators as we are all decent blokes!)

They tend to stick with their own..they cant get work with decent tradesmen or companies because the honest majority of our trade dont want to know them.

they seem to work together off of the black economy. They always seem easy to spot but then maybe thats because you know what youre looking for as opposed to mr and mrs joe public who dont deal with them. They always seem to be the ones who are a pain in the arse in front of you in the builders merchant.

Yeh..the favourites who walk round the back for their free cup of coffee and get served before eveyone else!!

We know!!

i cant count how many dodgy trades man i have met but even on the building sites they turn up with there brand new 240 volt tools the problem even then they still let them get away with it there should be more chances out there for kids and others to be able to get the training needed to become tradesmen but this dosnt stop them (i seen some one do it so can i people) from operating i go by just how nervouse they act leave them for half hour then check up if they are confussed and sweating in some cases kick them out

i cant count how many dodgy trades man i have met ------just how nervouse they act leave them for half hour then check up if they are confussed and sweating in some cases kick them out
What :eek: even Plasterers :?: tools, what tools :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back