Does anybody know what this is?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could tell me what this:

DSC04668.jpg

It was a copper colour, but we got this stuff painted on the tarmac drive and they painted over the pipe so it is now that black/grey colour.

The reason I'm asking is we have been in the house 3 years, never needed to do anything with it and next door don't have one so ideally we would like to get rid of it because we are getting a new drive and it's a bit of a hazard because people keep on tripping over it.

Thanks,
Dan

Sponsored Links
It was a drain point for the heating system.

You would need to go the other side of the wall and look under the floor, there should be a valve thats turned off.

Great thanks for the help. So once I have found the other end of it under the floor is it just a case of somehow blanking it off and then removing the pipe from the wall?

It's not near any radiators and we have had the heating system drained without it since we have lived in the house so hopefully we won't need it.

Thanks,
Dan

Sponsored Links
I'd check before removing that one though, it may drain a certain section of the system that cannot be drained otherwise.

Personally i'd alter it to move the D.O.C. tight against the wall, makes it still serviceable but removes trip hazard.

We used to do it so you drain the pipework under the floor, not many bothered.

I'd check before removing that one though, it may drain a certain section of the system that cannot be drained otherwise.

Personally i'd alter it to move the D.O.C. tight against the wall, makes it still serviceable but removes trip hazard.

Definitely the best idea. You may be glad of it one day.

I don't suppose for one minute the valve inside would turn after so long anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back