Does anyone know if this type of window handle is still available and if so where I could buy one.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This window handle broke off. Does anyone know if there handles are still available and if so, where l could buy one?

Attachments

• DSC_1590.JPG
    DSC_1590.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_1588.JPG
    DSC_1588.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 45
Sponsored Links
Not an exact replica ... no , discontinued many years ago. Plenty of 'in line ' white handles on the likes of evil bay

Not an exact replica ... no , discontinued many years ago. Plenty of 'in line ' white handles on the likes of evil bay
Does this mean l can remove the part attached to the window and replace the handle with an in line handle and what do they look like?
Sorry for sounding like I haven't a clue what I need because l don't

Sponsored Links
Mila hero are pretty straight design

or look at ERA, Avocet, Hoppe etc

Mila hero are pretty straight design

or look at ERA, Avocet, Hoppe etc

Thanks
Do I just take off the part that's attached to the window and fix the handle?

Unscrew the two screws from the frame, replace with new handle in existing fixing holes. Msy need to cut spindle down, if so , hacksaw

Unscrew the two screws from the frame, replace with new handle in existing fixing holes. Msy need to cut spindle down, if so , hacksaw
Bought handle but it won't move from its position. Handle isn't locked. Is it just faulty or am l missing something?

Attachments

• DSC_1592.JPG
    DSC_1592.JPG
    323.4 KB · Views: 33
Make sure the button presses in, hold the back plate in one hand and turn with the other, new handles can be stiff but do free off

Make sure the button presses in, hold the back plate in one hand and turn with the other, new handles can be stiff but do free off
Thanks. Flaming heck, it was so stiff. I have arthritis in my right hand and it was difficult but it did move after some considerable force

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back