Does anyone know if this type of window handle is still available and if so where I could buy one.

Stiff with powder coating, some of our new handles are the same straight out the packet while others are looser

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replies but l have a problem fitting it. It will only lock with the handle in the upright position as in this photo. It is in the open position holizontaly.
An ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• DSC_1600.JPG
    DSC_1600.JPG
    446 KB · Views: 20
Classic mistake, you need to fit the new handle in the same orientation you took the old one off, take it off as it is and move the lever 90degress one way or the other, whichever way in needs to go

I'll get back to you to see how it goes.Yesterday I tried all manner of ways and nothing worked but I'll give it another go

Sponsored Links
What you've likely done is took the old handle off while it was in the open(vertical) position but then screwed the new handle on in the horizontal position.......OR..........taken the old handle off in the locked position and fitted the new handle in the open position

Ok but my theory still stands, the mechanism is in the locked position but you've fitted the handle in the open position or vice versa

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. Must remind myself to follow instructions properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back