Does Anyone Know

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the ebay contact number in the UK.

My account has been hacked, so I got online to get in touch, the online chat says see you in under a minute, but it's been ages.

To ring them, they want me to log in, but I can't!!!! SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!

Thanks.

I have looked it up but I don't know if I can trust it because the only number I can find is on a 3rd party's website.

Sponsored Links
the ebay contact number in the UK.

My account has been hacked, so I got online to get in touch, the online chat says see you in under a minute, but it's been ages.

To ring them, they want me to log in, but I can't!!!! SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!

Thanks.

I have looked it up but I don't know if I can trust it because the only number I can find is on a 3rd party's website.

0800 358 6552

Though it did provide me with a number which linked my page hit with my account, so you might come up against another barrier.

Change your password ASAP, and any other accounts that happen to use the same word

Nozzle

change your PayPal password and try to reset your ebay password using the recovery option

did you not get an email saying the password has been reset?

Sponsored Links
Yes. That's what alerted me.

But I can't change the password any which way I try.

Gotta go, I'll ring them now.

OK. Got through to the US on that number. Spoke to someone who was verry helpful, kept calling me honey ("Don't you wurry now, hunny!") and sorted out an account recovery for me.

I have now got a new password. I have swapped to an alternative email address and installed 2SV. Have also changed password and email address on PayPal account.

Thanks guys!

Now all I have to do is sort out my email. Plusnet sent me a message saying someone has hacked that account and they keep finding weird email sent from my address, some of which have started coming back as undeliverable.

Trouble is, I can't ring them as they are in lockdown. I can't find the information I need to change my mailbox passwords. I have a Plusnet email address I have never used, preferring to use my domain-based email addresses.

Hmm. Ebay in the States failed to tell me that the hackers made purchases to the value of £360.

Bank informed.

Fraud Dept will ring me back ASAP.

Scrapping ebay account.

Ebay have told me they will stop the payments and if they don't/ can't, then the bank will stop or refund them.

Hmm. Ebay in the States failed to tell me that the hackers made purchases to the value of £360.

Bank informed.

Fraud Dept will ring me back ASAP.

Scrapping ebay account.
Ffs this is a sad indictment of today's customer service, our gov should press for standards as it seems to be the norm now to implement
'Self service' - translates to we cant be arsed to invest in supporting customers.
Contact us details, buried so deep in website it's often impossible to find.
30min plus waiting times.

Was never the norm 10-15 years ago back then you were chastised as a company if you had to wait long on the phone to be answered.

And in your instance she diddnt even check the basics ie your account was compromised.

Had a similar thing a month ago with Netflix. Someone in another country had used my wife’s company debit card to get a months free trial and after that the payment had kicked in. To be fair to Netflix they refunded straight away and the bank cancelled the card and issued another one. Then blow me, two days ago I noticed an unrecognised charge of £6.28 on my company debit card to Amazon and I just couldn’t get through on the phone to Amazon (recorded message) or my bank (just permanently on hold). Eventually got through on an online chat and halfway through that I realised I had bought some drill bits but it was a worrying half hour or so before I got through - thinking that my business account was going to be emptied. No option to freeze card on the NatWest app.

Ebay have told me they will stop the payments and if they don't/ can't, then the bank will stop or refund them.
****ed off with ebay. They did not stop the payments. The went out today. Rang ebay. They confirmed it was an "account take-over".
Bank agreed to refund the money as it was fraud and will confirm it with ebay.

Sponsored Links
Back