Does anyone recognise this wallpaper?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

Haven't ever posted before, but am becoming increasingly desperate!
Does anyone recognise this wallpaper? I'm unable to contact the previous owners, and I've searched high and low on the web, etc. I only need a little! We just moved home you see, and as furniture was being carried upstairs, something sharp snagged the (embossed) paper and gouged a large scratch - very unsightly. Can anyone help, please? Or recommend somebody who could?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Try your local trade decorators outlet Dulux trade centre, Brewers etc.
They will have books of embossed papers in store you can look through.

Thanks! But no one I've spoken to recognises it. Furthermore, half the house is covered in it!

Is there a way to have new, matching wallpaper made?

If its all over the house, find an area that it is not normally seen and strip the paper from there to patch this area.

Sponsored Links
I have never ever seen that wallpaper (and I have seen a few). Might be worth posting on the decorating forum in case anyone recognises it.

Never heard of having wallpaper made to order but my guess is that it would be cheaper to redecorate.

A pic of the damage would be helpful and not sure how artistic you are but could it be repaired using filler to recreate the pattern?

Had a look up in the roof? Standard practice is you have some left over when wallpapering :) Then you stick the rest up the loft and forget about it. 99% of the time it's never used but for this type of problem you might get lucky. Just a thought :)

Thanks 3DGuy! Had the same thought too! But no such luck. I'm doomed to have to re-paper - my least favourite DIY job :(

This is a Crown Anaglypta wallpaper. One of the discontinued ones.
It will had an RD number on it, standing for relief decoration.

Wallpapers/Embossed are normally only run for a time, then are obsolete,

Only the popular ones keep going, i.e cracked ice, bubble, basket weave.

Try wallpaper manufacturers

The email for enquiries about Anaglypta products is:

[email protected]

The stock answer for "can you match this old embossed paper" (when they can not match it) is:

"...we will always try and help people with matching old and existing patterns, the first step is take a few photos that show the pattern clearly in a good light, this will help us to quickly identify the pattern if possible from our archive of old pattern books.

Over the years we have produced many different patterns and unfortunately not all are current and subsequently no longer in production, if we are unable to match the pattern we can always suggest a paper similar in style, size and relief."

(From the FAQ at www.anaglypta.co.uk)

If this is a vinyl contoured paper, Vymura is a common brand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back