Does anyone recognise this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy with either guys???
Is there anything making ether of them a strong favourite?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I don't want to pay for a Rothenberger on the basis that I am using this on a DIY and infrequent basis.
I used the torch I sent a picture of and found it very easy and adequate. I don't want to cut corners but, with everything said, what should I be going for?
Don't ask me - I tried asking the same question and it seemed to send a number of people into a full-on mouth-frothing, eye-bulging rage which they vented by behaving like spoilt children.

AFAICT, Rothenberger just re-badge other people's tools, so the Superfire 2 is a Bernzomatic, the Superfire 3 is a Sievert.

Advice please.
You may be using it infrequently, but when you do use it you want it to work well. A good motto (wot is mine :D) is to buy the best you can afford not the cheapest you can find. With figures made up for dramatic effect, if you spend £50 and find you should have spent £70, you've wasted £50. If you spend £90 and find you need only have spent £70 you've wasted £20.

I had some particular requirements re a choice of burners/nozzles, but ignoring that (like most of the people who replied did), the recommendations I had were:

• Turbotorch TX504
  • Rothenberger Superfire 2
  • Rothenberger trigger torch
  • Monument Vulcane
  • GoSystem Quick Pro Swivel
  • Nerrad Firejet

I suspect that any torch in that price range will be perfectly fine. Another make to consider is Bullfinch. Look at the various products, find ones you would be happy to splash out on, and start looking on eBay.

Indeed. And asking here, which is a website, was one facet of my multi-faceted research. But it did seem to send a number of people into a full-on mouth-frothing, eye-bulging rage which they vented by behaving like total idiots, just as did asking if all solder ring fittings were equally good.

why not try and get a good quality one secondhand off ebay ,then you get one cheaper

as the saying says under all your posts " if there is no struggle , there is no progress " dam i would love to see the actual progress you make beyond your screen . sooner or later you'll have to decide .

Indeed. And asking here, which is a website, was one facet of my multi-faceted research. But it did seem to send a number of people into a full-on mouth-frothing, eye-bulging rage which they vented by behaving like total idiots, just as did asking if all solder ring fittings were equally good.

the problem is people spend time advising you when you could easily find yourself , but hey why not let the people do it for you , sounds about right . these people who you call idiots have been people giving FREE and professional advice which you choose to totally ignore . but hey these people are idiots after all(y) ;)

as the saying says under all your posts " if there is no struggle , there is no progress " dam i would love to see the actual progress you make beyond your screen . sooner or later you'll have to decide .
Indeed I will. Or maybe I have. Or maybe I have a shortlist and am looking on eBay.

Whilst behaving at all times like a mature, rational and intelligent person, please explain why it matters to you how long I take to decide?

the problem is people spend time advising you when you could easily find yourself , but hey why not let the people do it for you , sounds about right
And what can I find for myself? Makes and models of torches? Or actual reviews/advice/recommendations/opinions on relative merits? How could anybody ever find the latter if nobody asked those sorts of questions?

I recall that you claimed that in 2 minutes you had been able to not only find the websites of makers and sellers, but also reviews, test reports, comparisons, and were able to ask questions of people. I also recall that you did not find yourself able to tell me how you did that.

these people who you call idiots have been people giving FREE and professional advice which you choose to totally ignore . but hey these people are idiots after all(y) ;)
Can you show what advice I have ignored? Will it do any good to point out, again, that if the totality of the advice I got contains 6 different recommendations, then if I bought one of them I would, of necessity, be "ignoring" over 80% of the recommendations? Or that it would be at least as many people - it would only take a handful of instances of more than one person recommending the same torch for me to perhaps "ignore" over 90% of the advice.

Whilst behaving at all times like a mature, rational and intelligent person, please explain how I could not ignore most of what was posted except by going out and buying 6 different torches? Can you show why I should be criticised for "ignoring" "advice" to buy a torch which did not have the characteristics I listed in my opening post?

And as for idiots, in your eyes does repeatedly making out that I was lying about not intending to work on gas pipes qualify as professional advice? What about calling me an attention seeker? What about describing my clearly worded initial post as drivel? What about complaining that the topic had gone on for too long when it had been stuffed full of insults, lies, and complaints that it was too long - were all of these professional advice?

What about this:
I would recommend the bulfinch torch (no3 torch head) , along with a 47kg bottle of propane.
was that "professional advice" which I should not ignore? Or was it idiocy?

When I asked about solder ring fittings, and again got all that nonsense about me wanting to work on gas pipes, was that professional advice, or was it idiocy? When people wrote, not about solder ring fittings, but about compression, PVC push-fit, flaring the ends and brazing, using cast iron, were they being professional, and giving good advice, or were they behaving like idiots? Feel free to present a mature, rational and intelligent justification for all of that.

well that was deleted quick , truth hurts doesn't it . always like the last word jesus reminds me of my ex misses , a forum is a two way thing with you its one way , thats why it gets up peoples noses idiot

jupter01 puller gas has given great advice on which torch to get , i have used it before and great for a novice good luck . don't let ban all shed non experience influence your purchase , he does not speak from experience just the advice you don't want

Last edited:
well that was deleted quick
Well, if it was it was nothing to do with me - I've only just come back to this since I posted over 6 hours ago, so if a post has been deleted since then then it's because someone other than me found it unacceptable. I don't subscribe to email alerts so I don't even know who has had a post(s) deleted.

, truth hurts doesn't it . always like the last word jesus reminds me of my ex misses , a forum is a two way thing with you its one way , thats why it gets up peoples noses idiot
It is not I who is refusing to make anything two way.

I asked you what legitimate concern it was of yours how long I took to decide what torch to buy, and I asked you how I could possibly not "ignore" some of the advice I got unless I went out and bought half-a-dozen different torches. Is that not the sort of two way you want to see?

When I was asking about torches, and people told me something which I found interesting and novel, I thought it would be OK to ask them some sort of follow up question if I had one. Is that not the sort of two way you want to see?

When it's suggested that I'm going to fiddle with a gas pipe, shall I take it that me denying that imputation is not the sort of two way you want to see?

jupter01 puller gas has given great advice on which torch to get , i have used it before and great for a novice good luck . don't let ban all shed non experience influence your purchase , he does not speak from experience just the advice you don't want[/QUOTE]
Well now.

I did indeed reply to Jupiter's posts.

If I'd said "You should get yourself a HokiKoki Big Kahuna Turbodickswinger 2000, it's the DBs" than you would be quite right to draw attention to my lack of expertise in this area.

But I didn't. So could you please say which of my posts should be ignored, and why, i.e. what's wrong with them? Or is that not the sort of two way you want to see?

"HokiKoki Big Kahuna Turbodickswinger 2000" was just a symbol - sorry you didn't realise that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back