Does the C.H. Boiler have to be on an outside wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
There are not many places i can put the central heating boiler in my house renovation (if it has to be put on an out side wall).
I would like to put it in the middle of the house.Would this be possible if i ran a 3 metre flue to an external wall? This would run the length of the bathroom behind the lowered t&g pine ceiling.

Sponsored Links
its cheaper to install it on an outside wall but most new boilers have the capacity to flue anywhere your wallet afford to take you

:)

as said there's lots of fluing options on most boilers. however you have to consider the flue must be accessible for insection throughout its length, so you can't go boxing it in. Usually if the boiler is going in the middle of the house then it can go out through the roof. Personally I think roof terminations are a million times better anyway, less chance of nusiance pluming and generally asthetically better, no unsightly terminals sticking out the side of the house. If you lived in Holland it has to go through the roof by law for these and other reasons.

Sponsored Links
Dont assume that any boiler has sufficient distance available. They each have to be checked and an additional 0.9m added for each elbow.

Nor do I advise installing within 10% of the maximum permitted.

Your registered installer should advise you on this matter! Employ them directly and NOT through a builder!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back