Can I boiler be installed on an inside wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to install a boiler on an inside wall and then run the flue through a false/dropped ceiling?
Is there a maximum length that the flue pipe work can run before it vents to the outside?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I’m just guessing but I would imagine it depends on the boiler but I think you can’t box it in permanently as it must be fully accessible for inspection purposes so might need inspection doors etc. I’m sure I’ll be corrected very soon!

A boiler can be installed pretty much anywhere, you are really only limited by the manufacturers flue options.
Some manufacturers only offer Coaxial flues (a pipe within a pipe) and tend to be more limited by length.
Keston boilers (Ideal boilers really) have very long Twin flue pipe options.
Access panels must be fitted to allow inspection of the flue and joints...check the requirements before work commences.

Sponsored Links
Navien permit up to 100 meters of flue with their twin system. Yes, 100 metres!

Remember the flue needs to fall back towards the boiler so make sure you have enough clearance for the length of flue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back