Does this foul pipe tee need an inspection chamber?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
I’m planning to install a roddable bottle gully drain beneath the kitchen window to catch the waste from the sink and washing machine. This will be run around the house with a wide bend to the existing foul pipe, about 5 meters away. The join will be around 3 meters downstream of where the soil pipe enters the ground and 8 meters from the inspection chamber. Given that the pipes are roddable from the soil and the gully, and back from the inspection chamber, will I need to put in an inspection chamber where the pipes join?

And I'm going to sneak another question in here. I’m hoping to run the waste from a first floor shower to the new bottle gully. Is there any rule that says I can’t have a waste pipe that falls down a storey like this?

All notifiable bits of any of this work will be notified before anything begins. Just looking to get it straight in my head before it kicks off.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You should put an IC where the pipes change direction.

I would take a drawing into BCO and get them to advise you though. :D

You may have a problem with the trap being pulled when it flows like a waterfall straight down especially if the shower puts out a large volume of water and flows full bore.
An anti vacum trap would be advised.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back