Does this fuse box need to be changed ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am just looking at a new property and noticed the fuse box looked a bit old and surrounded by lots of older looking 'stuff'.

How old do you think this consumer unit is and anything that worries you about it (apart from the wiring to my eye looking a bit unkept!)

1000043356.jpg

1000043357.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Current transformer around T+E. Doubt that's doing much of any use.
Didn't you hear? It's actually a super powerful rare earth magnet pair that smooths out and cleans the electricity, making the signal stronger and reducing bills by up to 30%. All the rage with people who know the truth that the power companies deliberately make the electricity dirty so they can charge us more the stewards!! I've got four of them in a row so the percentage adds up to 120%; the scammers will have to pay me!!

An EICR before you buy would be a good move and yes, you should allow to update this as and when you move in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back