Does This Plug...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...allow termination of SWA?

IMG_20190730_140904.jpg

Sponsored Links
Some manufacturers of IEC 60309 plugs offer a "flexible conduit" option which I would think could be used in conjunction with a SWA gland, but I strongly suspect the plug in your picture is a hack job, either not terminating the armor at all or terminating a few strands of it to a terminal.

Sponsored Links
As I've said before: a brass gland is not the only correct way to terminate the armour.

Hovever a plug that small could be tricky.

A resin joint for example.

Not so much nowadays but used to see plugs with 20mm threads used in bakery's with SY flex and glands

A resin joint for example.

Not so much nowadays but used to see plugs with 20mm threads used in bakery's with SY flex and glands
No worries they're still freely available. I make up 16A to 5, 15 or 15A adapters by screwing a long brass bush from the inside out then a lock ring or washer and a surface mount steel backbox. also needs a M4 nut and bolt.
I did 50 earlier this year for a lighting company.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back