Doesn't take long

I would be ****ed off, the guy on the bridge could be near the school.

My priority would be to stop idiots speeding near schools on the 20 and 30 zones rather than the idiots on deserted dual carriageways.
Dead is dead,,wherever you get killed by a speeding motorist...i am sure he moves his van around!no point staying put as loony motorists flash to warn other speeding motorists!!

Sponsored Links
So you willnot see him as a criminal if someone is doing 75mph and half kills you in a crash?

From the Yorkshire Evening Post:

"The single carriageway sections are especially dangerous, particularly Golden Hill west of Malton.

"Here there is a blind summit and confusion over lanes and there have been several fatal accidents there. If you are not careful, you end up in the middle of the road at the top.

"There are also a lot of junctions joining the A64, such as one at Rillington east of Malton which is due to be by-passed.

They know where the accidents are on the road but they position the speed camera on the dual carriageway just off the M1. Why do they do that?

From the Yorkshire Evening Post:

"The single carriageway sections are especially dangerous, particularly Golden Hill west of Malton.

"Here there is a blind summit and confusion over lanes and there have been several fatal accidents there. If you are not careful, you end up in the middle of the road at the top.

"There are also a lot of junctions joining the A64, such as one at Rillington east of Malton which is due to be by-passed.

They know where the accidents are on the road but they position the speed camera on the dual carriageway just off the M1. Why do they do that?
See above.Do you monitor speed camera positions 24/7?

Sponsored Links
We now have a data driven police force - enforcement and monitoring by technology as it's cheaper and automated so you can spread your force wider and close local stations and centralise.

The proliferation of speed cameras and CCTV is the future. The Police has been encouraged to raise it's own funds through penalties and fines - it was sold as a way to incentivise the Police and lower direct government funding. It happens in America - we just are about 10-20 years behind them.

In the end it erodes trust in the Police and their effectiveness but as long as we buy the lie we can cut costs and still provide a service then what would you say to a customer who says sure I want you to do a top job but I am only paying you 70% of what we agreed to.

Even if the spot has been identified as an accident hotspot?

No but I do 30,000 miles a year so I see where they are.
170 000 people killed or injured on UK roads in 2017..Speeding,,a huge factor...Not sure how many killed by burglars!..For me,killing people is more of an issue..Yet people argue the toss about speed cameras,,tis the coppers fault,,,should be investigating proper crime!!!....ffs,,,pi..s farting about,speeding...f..inaround on your phone ,and putting someone in a wheelchair for life is a "proper crime""!!

Ian..I am sure the coppers monitor the accident black spot at some time!..Go and ask them,,or inform them !

We now have a data driven police force - enforcement and monitoring by technology as it's cheaper and automated so you can spread your force wider and close local stations and centralise.

The proliferation of speed cameras and CCTV is the future. The Police has been encouraged to raise it's own funds through penalties and fines - it was sold as a way to incentivise the Police and lower direct government funding. It happens in America - we just are about 10-20 years behind them.

In the end it erodes trust in the Police and their effectiveness but as long as we buy the lie we can cut costs and still provide a service then what would you say to a customer who says sure I want you to do a top job but I am only paying you 70% of what we agreed to.
If nobody broke the speed limit,,coppers could concentrate on other crimes

Do you do 30k miles a year ,24/7 round and round the same spot?

I wonder if you'll get a notice through the post about using your phone while driving.... I think that may just be the final straw for ya!
:)

I kept 1 hand on the wheel!!

106B8615-8341-49DD-829C-13BCA8DF4570.png

Sponsored Links
Back