dog flap

Initially you said that you have a contored (sic) double glazed bottom panel. Now taking a guess you mean you have an obsured sealed unit double glazed panel ? If so you obviously cannot cut a hole in it. You will either need to get a suitable made DG unit made up, with a hole in it, although I'm sceptical about this as I've never come across it before, but then again there's probably loads I've never come across before, or you need to replace the panel with a steel reinforced PVCu clad panel, and cut a suitable sized hole in this, again I'm assuming this is a PVCu door. Hope this helps, hope you're around to read it.

Regards.

Sponsored Links
As EddieM pointed out, also from the manufacter
If a flap is to be fitted into double glazed, toughened or tempered glass, then this can ONLY be done so at the time the glass panel is manufactured.

Another way is to replace the bottom panel with a pvc panel instead of glass then you can cut it to the size of the dog flap although I have fitted one with double thickness exterior plywood and a coat of paint.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back