Domestic infra red wall heater WITHOUT pullcord - any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

I need something like this

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/DXIRX200N.html

But controllable with a switch

I've had a search but all seem to be pullcord :(

The heaters are for toilets in a church. I did think about bathroom fan heaters but these are a bit more directional and think that a fan heater would just heat the air above the sinks rather than more of the room....

The only other option I can see is to by pass the pullcord (ie have it 'on' all the time) and just control on/off of the heater with the switch

Thanks in advance

SB

Sponsored Links
I have fitted some on our site that don't have a pullcord. Can't remember the make - will find out if you get stuck.

I wired ours with a momentary switch, timer and contactor so they couldn't be left on for more than 20 mins. at a time.

Sponsored Links
I need something like this
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/DXIRX200N.html
But controllable with a switch
Fair enough.
I've had a search but all seem to be pullcord :( ... The only other option I can see is to by pass the pullcord (ie have it 'on' all the time) and just control on/off of the heater with the switch
Perhaps I'm being dim, but what's wrong with that 'other option' - either literally bypass the switch, or even just leave it there, switched on, with the cord removed? Am I missing some requirement which would not be satisfied by that?

Kind Regards, John.

No not really John - although the 2kW one are activated by pull cord which allows you to chose 1 or 2 bars.... so this option would be bypassed...

I think an on/off switch would suffice as they are switched on just as church service coming to an end (when all the old dears need a wee!) so a motion sensor would not really be needed.

Like the idea of a timer and push to make switch though.... I can put this to them

ricicle - if you could take moment to check that would be very helpful

Cheers guys!

SB

Perhaps I'm being dim, but what's wrong with that 'other option' - either literally bypass the switch, or even just leave it there, switched on, with the cord removed? Am I missing some requirement which would not be satisfied by that?
No not really John - although the 2kW one are activated by pull cord which allows you to chose 1 or 2 bars.... so this option would be bypassed...
Ah, well that's what I didn't know - a bit more than just an on/off switch!. However ...
I think an on/off switch would suffice as they are switched on just as church service coming to an end (when all the old dears need a wee!) so a motion sensor would not really be needed.
Indeed, I would have thout that would be adequate, but ....
Like the idea of a timer and push to make switch though.... I can put this to them
That would probably be even better, 'cos I can imagine a conventional on/off switch being left switched on 'until next Sunday'!

Kind Regards, John

Well - despite what the Tena Lady advertising agency would have you believe, I think a despairing "Oh, God" is probably more likely than a giggly "Oops" when you wet yourself at the photocopier.

SB - sorry taken so long to get back, only just remembered :oops:

Anyway they are Dimplex QXD heaters so a bit more commercial looking - don't know if that's a problem ?

Btw IR heaters will only heat persons or surfaces not the actual air so not sure if they will benefit someone sat on the throne behind a cubicle door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back