Doncha Just hate roofers .......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a enormous flat roof ..... Must be 4' X 8' Rectangle........ Over a bay window ..... Anyway the felt is beginning to blow around in the wind (So I put a few bricks on it) ...... What I want to do is construct a pitched roof lob on a few tiles replace the guttering around it & do a little tarting up generally ..... I got a couple of quotes £3.5K & £4K ...... I nearly had a cardiac ....... Looking thro one of the quotes, the company was specifiying 12"X1.5" supports one to be fitted every 14" .......... Jezuz these guys on drugs? ...... I don't want to park a Sherman tank on my bay roof ...... Just a few tiles :eek:

Anyways I have perloined a load of used tiles from a neighbouring property (Stashed in garage) So the roof will as near as damn it match the main roof ....... So that should help out with the price some .......... After looking at the construction of the main roof, in the loft the whole shooting match which has held solid for the past 60 years is made up out of 3X2 ......... & ok spanned @ the mid point by this huge lump of tree ......... So I was thinking of copying their design & bracing the whole structure as I go ............. What do you mob think ?

If mr council man turns up & sticks his nose in I'll set the dog on him ........... Worked a treat when I built a swimming pool a few years ago .........Doncha just hate those tie wearers ? ;)

Sponsored Links
sounds good 2 me .......just hail an itenerant roofer as he drives past with his caravan and ask his advice :LOL:

Never mind roofers and tie wearers, you came close to a Rule 9 infringement. :eek:

Hey Jm if your not pepared to pay a professional roofer then maybe you should just do it yourself!

Although you feel you may be getting fleeced, if you have done the correct thing and had got 3 quotes for the work and they are all around the same price then thats what it obviously costs!

The prices will be like that for a reason so you have three options:

1) Shut up moaning and pay the money to have it done properly

2) Try it yourself probably cock it up and THEN pay somebody to do it properly

or

3) Dont get the work done just leave it flat and choose a better roof covering

BELIEVE IT OR NOT ITS THAT SIMPLE!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back