Don't blame me!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you haven't got any baked beans!

Got called out to work this afternoon to collect and repair 3 motors on emergency turn around for a VERY WELL KNOWN beans manufacturer.
Rewound and overhauled 1 and overhauled the other 2. Me and my mate worked our socks off from 2.30pm till 11.30pm with no breaks and also I had to go and get new bearings from one of our suppliers as we didn't have the right ones in stock.
Phoned the customer at about 10.45 to say they would soon be ready and to make sure an engineer was on hand to off load them when we arrived.
Response.

"Can you drop them off tomorrow and we will get the day shift to re-fit them?"

:eek: :eek:

This same guy had been pestering us during the afternoon/evening asking when they would be ready. FFS!

It annoys me when we pull our tripe out to give a good service to be met with this kind of attitude. If we had said we couldn't get them back till tomorrow it would have been a carpet job for us on Monday!

So if you've got no beans for your brekkie today don't blame me, blame some lazy fitter!

Sponsored Links
life is like that.

I would have told them sorry no can do as part x is not available untill the place that sell it have them is open on Monday, but it will be with them Monday evening

Probably one of those David Brent types who thinks that management is all about giving someone less time than they really have, assuming that people never deliver on time...

Seems you caught him off his guard!

I hope your Saturday rate is sufficient to ease your annoyance ;)

I hope your Saturday rate is sufficient to ease your annoyance

Oh VERY!

But we could have strung it out and got more if he had told us tomorrow would do.
BAST*&D! :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
conny

Sure to hell don't envy you, armature winding. :evil: :evil:

That was my fist job @ 16.
Fu**ing hated all 3 years of it, (especially those Italian Bover cores, with no lip to hold windings in)

At least now I can have my nails manicured, and have skin on my knuckles ;)

They were AC motors but we had to wind one of the stators.
Quite an easy one, 6 Pole, 36 slot, 9x2s, series connection with internal star, 3 leads out and a nice big wedge!

Gremlin, know exactly what you mean about the Italian jobs! Brown Bouvrie known locally as BB's. (Bloody Bast**ds!).
They were ok when we used to use wooden wedges, just pick a slightly wider one and bash it in from above the slot. Now everything is class F it doesn't work.

Back