don't have planning permission-what to do next?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought used conservatory and when preparing base for it realized it's to big :eek: and I should have a planning permission...
It's 4.2m x3,75m...
So what should I do next? Where should I start?Stop the works and start with the permission?How long does it take? Will I have to wait till next summer to built it?
What if I continue? What penalties will apply?

Sponsored Links
Planning normally takes about 8 weeks all in.. sometimes a little longer depending on neighbours responses..
You might worth a quick call to your planning officer and asking if the size is under permitted development or not, as its alot quicker to get a cert rather than go a full app route..

Better to hold fire till you talk to the planner..

its alot quicker to get a cert rather than go a full app route..

A Certificate of Lawfulness also takes eight weeks, so the same time as a normal planning application.

Sponsored Links
However, the process is a little "easier". I've done three (successful) applications now so am becoming quite custom to them :LOL:

Thanks for that...I'll try to book appointment with local planning officer...

One more question: when I'll apply for planning permission to build this conservatory, can I include heating in it (I would like to have conventional radiators and boiler heating) or do I need to apply for something else?

All I meant was that heating, etc... would come under Building Regulations and not Planning... but I don't know why you'll be unable to connect the new heating to the existing system :confused:

You can install radiators connected to your main system as long as you have controls in place that can isolate them effectivley from the main system.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back