Door adjustment due to new level floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Next week i'm levelling my concrete kitchen floor. Due to subsidence, it's sloping from 0cm - 8cm over a 3m span. Therefore, when i raise the floor level, the new finished level will be 8cm up the bottom of my external door.

Temporarily, i am going to cut approx 8.5 - 9cm off the bottom of the door, however i am buying a new external door.

Before getting measured up for this new door, i need to raise the height at which the external door frame will sit on, so that the frame will be higher than the new level.

Please see pics - currently, however imagine that finished floor level coming up 8cm. Would you install a course of bricks where the door currently sits, or would you do some forming and put some concrete on to raise the height of the concrete 'step' as seen below?

I must add that above my door is a glass panel approx 30cm high, so there is scope to have a standard door size and smaller glass panel.

IMG_20201116_141112292.jpg
IMG_20201116_141103895.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back