Integral Garage Conversion: Floor Levels / Existing Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

I am planning to convert my integral garage which currently has a concrete slab sitting approx 150mm below the interior floor level; obviously there is plenty of space and options for insulating and covering relative to the interior floor - the problem is that the garage has an external side door which is only around 50mm above the concrete slab.

50mm is clearly too shallow a space in which to add insulation and new floor covering.

The external side door is relatively new, so I want to keep it. There is obviously a lintel above, but I presume it would be expensive to migrate the door and lintel a few courses up?

Any ideas how to work around this?

All responses greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You won't get a compliant floor within that depth unless you step down locally and I can't see an inspector accepting it, its just naff anyway. Raising the lintel won't cost that much, only a days work for someone. Or just do it yourself for a few quid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back