Door cavity reveal, bridged, not closed

the correct dtail in cavity walls is for the airbricks to sit on the DPC in the outer cavity wall, an for the joist tails to sit on the inner wall DPC.
air bricks should be installed at max. 2000mm centres an about 400mm from corners.
sub-floor knee walls should be honeycombed.
this provides through ventilation which protects the suspended floor woodwork from damp rot.

what slate lines are you talkin about?

Sponsored Links
the correct dtail in cavity walls is for the airbricks to sit on the DPC in the outer cavity wall, an for the joist tails to sit on the inner wall DPC.
air bricks should be installed at max. 2000mm centres an about 400mm from corners.
sub-floor knee walls should be honeycombed.
this provides through ventilation which protects the suspended floor woodwork from damp rot.

what slate lines are you talkin about?

Thanks for that info, i will check that out when i get the flooring up. I am expecting to have to add some venting.

Sorry, slate line i should of just said outsise dpc line. Ours is the old slate way, some slate is visible fom outside and some is mortard (pointed) over. What is the correct way? I am guessing pointed just because most old houses i see have neatly pointed over dpc. If its slate.

render or pointing shouldn't bridge the DPC.
its more important with a solid wall but still needed in a cav wall because of blocked an bridgin cavities

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back