Door chime transformer to ceiling rose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does the cable from the door chime transformer connect to the ceiling rose connect to the in terminals (that come from the consumer unit or previous ceiling rose) or to the out terminals?

Would the same connnection terminals in the ceiling rose apply if the transformer was via fused switch?

Sponsored Links
I mean a bell transformer, I thought that it could be connected to the ceiling rose on the lighting ciruit, and thought it could be connected directly to the rose though was not sure if it connected to the terminals that come from the consumer unit, or the terminals going out to the next ceiling rose.

Sponsored Links
Preferably by a switched fused spur so the bell can be isolated if need be without switching off the lights

I take it I can run the fused spur from the ceiling rose, then be able to turn the bell on or off if I wanted, rather than have to turn the lighting cirtuit off if I had to do work on the bell ?

I take it I can run the fused spur from the ceiling rose, then be able to turn the bell on or off if I wanted, rather than have to turn the lighting cirtuit off if I had to do work on the bell ?

Yes, just feed the supply from the lighting circuit into the fused spur, fit a 3A (max) fuse and then run your bell tx from the load side of the spur. Locate the spur out the way, but accessible... ideally next to the bell transformer if its somewhere sensible like a broom cupboard.

Its not so much working on the bell I was thinking of, more occasions like the 31st of oct when you get fed up of it going off every 5 mins.... :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back