Door frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can somebody help.im taking out the left hand side and the top section of door frame.it looks like its surporting the beam above which the joist are sitting on.will I need a lintel or is the beam sufficient

Attachments

• 20201126_175402.jpg
    20201126_175402.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 91
Sponsored Links
Are joists above resting on it? It looks like a H frame with an additional bit of wood on the top of the H to square it.

I recently repositioned an almost identical H frame door frame. No joists from above were resting on it.

Maybe remove more plaster and check its acutally structural? Mine wasnt

I'm pretty sure the ceiling joists are sitting on it and that bit of timber I think is a wall plate and spans the wall which is approx 5mtrs and the beams sit on that.it also goes into the brick work on the left

Sponsored Links
Is this the Jack only thread? :cautious:

What are you taking out - the frame or the bricks above it too?
What is that up in the ceiling is it a joist, is it a timber beam, does it rest on the walls either side of the doorway or is it just the width of the door frame?

Lol not anymore.def the frame but the left hand up right is staying and i would like to take the bricks out aswell cos theres no need for them to be there.its a timber beam/wall plate.it rests on the wall either side.its a 1910 mid terrace if that's any help

Not the left it's the right hand section of frame is staying

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back