Door handle problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( The upvc exterior handle on my back door has become loose. When I removed the handle plate I found that a white plastic washer that enables smooth operation of the handle is split. I rang the manufacturers (Hoppe), but they can only sell me a complete handle. Does anyone know where I can get one of these washers?

Sponsored Links
is it the nylon bush that the handle fits into inside the main handle backplate? if i remember rightly the hoppe handles are riveted over to fit them to the backplate so you wouldnt be able to fit a new one anyway.
i may have the wrong end of the stick though?

Sponsored Links
nylon plumbing washers!!!!!
they come in all shapes and sizes!!

If the washer's split, it's time to replace the whole handle unit. No need to spend huge amounts, new handles can be picked-up off ebay for a few pounds. Make sure you get the correct centre (distance between centre of euro cylinder plug and handle spindle, and correct fixing spacings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back