Door hanging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning on using a carpenter to hang 7 doors in the house. What would be a reasonable price?

I've been quoted £35 per door which is more than the doors cost!

I know this is regional but I could really do with a ball park figure.

Cheers

please note forum rules, 9

Sponsored Links
Wedge, £15 is a pretty good rate. It does depend on where you are, around here I charge between £20 and £30 depending on exactly how many, and what is involved. (If it's only one, I charge at least £30 due to the time, effort travelling etc.). But I know quite a lot of chippies around the country do charge about £35 per door.

However, For 7 doors you could possibly get him to go abit lower, if he can hang all 7 in one day thats £255, which aint a bad wack.

Woody

Sponsored Links
A question lewyboy,
are these new doors in new frames, old doors in old frames, old doors in new frames, or new doors in old frames and if you do want existing frames to be utilised are you expecting the chippy to use the old hinge recessess?
Also is the door furniture to be rebated or surface mounted?
The Baker

Hi Baker

Sounds like a quote :D
But your right, these money questions can't be answered without knowing the specs.

if theyre going into old frames 7 in a day is pushing it somewhat

It would totaly depend I would normally charge £50 for one door and £35 for a second or £35 a door for 3 or more provided they are straight forward.
as Thermo says a lot depends on the state of the frames etc .

Bare in mind that 3 doors could be a nightmare to do and could in a worst case scenario take most of a day and £110 a day is at least a day short of my day rate.
Fire doors are a bit slower to do as are front doors.
I think £35 is a fair price.

Thanks for the response guys,
These are new doors in old frames, the hinges can go back ik where the old ones were and the furniture looks straightforward.
The price is for 2 blokes and they come reccomended, they reckon on a day and a half.
I've loads of other work to be done and if they're any good and fair with me they'll get lots more work from me.

There's a price for doing a job and there's a price for knowing how to do a job. How much do you pay your hairdresser, car mechanic and solicitor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back