door into new toilet and regs with regards to line of sight?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m just about to build a small bathroom in my new extension. The extension is single story 3m x 3m to be used as an office / utility and to house the downstairs toilet.... the bathroom will be stud walls to two sides and outside walls on the other two so it’s going in one of the corners as you would expect. It’s a minimal thing with a bog and hand basin. On the plans it’s just drawn as a small square room. But giving it a bit more thought, putting the door across the corner at a 30 deg angle would help a lot.. you don’t lose much inside, but you do open up the external area so it’s not as oppressive with the little room built in the corner....

The only thing is a comment made by my builder that the door may not be to reg’s as if it’s open, you’ll be able to see straight into the toilet from the other rooms i.e. utility room and kitchen?...
It will be okay with regards to being separated from the kitchen, but I’ve got to say, I’ve no idea if there are regg’s on line of sight viewing into areas?... can anyone comment on this at all or is it tosh?....
Many thanks 

Sponsored Links
There are no regs on that issue.
As long as you have a whb in the same space as the wc, you're OK.

Grand... I'll do it as I planned then.. sure the Planning guy won't mind the change... It's nothing he'd be concerned about is it?.... ok.. thanks

Sponsored Links
sure the Planning guy won't mind the change... It's nothing he'd be concerned about is it?.... ok.. thanks

If you wish to put a glass door on the toilet, or put a cctv system in the toilet linked to screens in each room of the house, or indeed, install the toilet next to the tv in the lounge, you will have contravened no regulations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back