Door threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just had my back kitchen floor levelled, laid wood floor underlay and put thick wood floor down. The floor is now raised 4cm now in some parts. One part in particular is by the back door. Is there a threshold or something else that will sit on the floor and drop 4cm to the back ste
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you have a photo available so I can see what it's like now so I know what to recommend? Where about are you? I'm on the Wirral.

have you cut the back door to fit ??
i cant quite picture this one:cool:

Sponsored Links
Sorry people I havent got a photo. Ive basically had to level the kitchen floor. Ive also had to plain the bottom of the door as the floor rose so much. Now with the underlay and the floor its a 3-4cm drop from the wooden floor to the back step. Id like to secure the flooring to the solid floor and use a threshold to tidy it up but I cant find one big enough. Hope that makes sense.

i do hope its not exposed to the elements :eek:

when the door is shut do you have a gap under the back door that the strip will fill :?: :?:

Yes it is a bit exposed at the minute and yes a strip would fit under the door.
not the best move really you have compromised the door the weatherproof ability and draught proof off the door

does the door have a triangular bar or overhang on the outside face??
i assume its inward opening ??

It does have an overhang but thats why im on here to see if there is any kind of threshold to sort the door out.

does the overhang have drip strip this can be a groove or a lip that the water that runs down the door will drip off

ideally you would have an impervious material filling the gap like plastic metal or cement
there would also be a metal/plastic bar for the stepped bottom off door to close up against

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back