dos

B

breezer

I have a prog i think was written in dos, apart from a reboot is there a way i can open it from xp, but using dos?

Sponsored Links
:)

that worked, but my idea didnt.

as i mentioned i have something i think is witten in dos.(it may not be)

i clicked paste in the dos window and it roughly said file incorect cant read it.

so asuming i gave it the wrong info, how can i cut / paste from xp desktop to new dos window? or cant i do that?

breezer said:
as i mentioned i have something i think is witten in dos.(it may not be)
This doesn't quite make sense breezer - do you mean written to run under DOS?

i clicked paste in the dos window and it roughly said file incorect cant read it.

so asuming i gave it the wrong info, how can i cut / paste from xp desktop to new dos window? or cant i do that?
Drag the shortcut/icon from the desktop and drop it into the DOS (cmd) window.

Sponsored Links
i did that, but forgot to press the enter button. :oops:

it must be a dos prog because dos opens it, (sort of) but i want to open it to see what makes it tick (and alter somehing) that, it wont do

Can't help you without the name of this thing, or at least come clue as to what you believe it does...

Softus said:
Start->Run->cmd->OK :idea:

that's a windows command prompt Start->run->command for dos compatibility window, won't neccessarily run dos progs though.

Eddie M said:
that's a windows command prompt Start->run->command for dos compatibility window, won't neccessarily run dos progs though.
I know that. :shrug:

Do you have a suggestion for breezer?

it did this one, but i want to edit it, ie change the colour of what its back ground is

what one :?:

P.S. As softus said what's the name of the dos program? Or can you describe more about what it's doing.

Softus said:
Eddie M said:
I know that. :shrug:

Do you have a suggestion for breezer?

probably like you, I don't understand what he is trying to achieve. but it is important to note that cmd.exe and command.exe are fundamentally different.

i see your point, but i cant tell you what it is

1) its not ilegal

2) if i told you its name you would still be none the wiser

3) it was written for me, by some one who is no longer available

its just a "odd" programme that does something for entertinment value for me, and i want to change some bits in it.

i know it can be done since i have MK2 of it which is slighlty different than MK1

I want to compare mk1 with mk2 to see how to change things, like its colours.

but since i cant open its works i cant change it

by its works i mean like in java script you can change things in it to chane what you see when its running just by changing a few nombers.

i.e speed is 30 change it to 40

If you have a program that runs under DOS or the XP command console, being able to 'open it' and alter the way the program works depends on what exactly this thing is. Some things like batch files can be edited as they are text files. If your program is an EXE file then you will not be able to open and alter it as this file was produced from some original text code written in VB, C, Java etc. If you don't have the original code then altering it is not really feasible.

What is the extension on the filename you are trying to run?

breezer said:
i see your point, but i cant tell you what it is

1) its not ilegal

2) if i told you its name you would still be none the wiser

3) it was written for me, by some one who is no longer available

its just a "odd" programme that does something for entertinment value for me, and i want to change some bits in it.

i know it can be done since i have MK2 of it which is slighlty different than MK1

I want to compare mk1 with mk2 to see how to change things, like its colours.

but since i cant open its works i cant change it

by its works i mean like in java script you can change things in it to chane what you see when its running just by changing a few nombers.

i.e speed is 30 change it to 40

So what is it written in BASIC?

We really need something to go on, as poker says how about the file name and extension for starters - that will at least be a start.

Come on Breezer, we know the program is called bigtits.??? (V2), we just need to know what the ??? is to be able to help. :LOL:

Seriously, as mentioned above, some programs will have been compiled and cannot be directly edited. EXE and COM files for example are binary run-time files that cannot (easily) be altered.

It's like asking, "How do I fix my machine?", without telling us what the machine is.

Sponsored Links
Back