dos

reverse engineer a exe, that I'd like to see done on this forum :) .com files showing our age a bit here, a "tiny" memory model if memory serves me correctly, used on the original 8 bit 8088 processors.

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
sorry , i thought i had said , its an exe file

then there is nothing you can do about it, unless you own the source code that it was compiled from.

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
reverse engineer a exe, that I'd like to see done on this forum :) .com files showing our age a bit here, a "tiny" memory model if memory serves me correctly, used on the original 8 bit 8088 processors.
Well if breezer sends me the file I'll have a go! 15 years since I've done 80x86 assembler (have done 8051/51 more recently - but don't get my hands on code so much these days). If it's not too complex might just be able to find the INT 10 calls that set the background colour breezer wants to change!

stevesey said:
Eddie M said:
Well if breezer sends me the file I'll have a go! 15 years since I've done 80x86 assembler (have done 8051/51 more recently - but don't get my hands on code so much these days). If it's not too complex might just be able to find the INT 10 calls that set the background colour breezer wants to change!

Well there you go, challenge on!

very nice of you to offer, but for reason of its content, NO its not that :!: I cant share it

i should have said its that the writer of said prog, is not in this country and is working for a big co, and this is, the prototype of what is now a commercial software product, so if it got out, it can only have come from one place, me

breezer said:
i should have said its that the writer of said prog, is not in this country and is working for a big co, and this is, the prototype of what is now a commercial software product, so if it got out, it can only have come from one place, me
Might be a long shot but are you able to phone this guy and ask if there is a flag character that could be added to the cmd line to say change the colour such as ???.exe/c (with RGB values to choose background) and change parameters?

breezer said:

damnit breezr.....ya big mouth! I said, "TELL NO ONE"!!!! and look what ya did.....went on a PUBLIC forum. :rolleyes:

;) :LOL:

joking aside, i fear the consequnces would be much worse.

I will have to learn to love pink(ish)

Sponsored Links
Back