Dot and dab - any tips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put up two new sheets of 8 x 4 plasterboard using dot and dab technique. Is there anything I should watch out for, or does anyone have any useful tips? I'm a heating engineer (for 16 yrs) so I'm pretty handy, but not sure how easy this is going to be for my first attempt. Is it tricky? Cheers.

Sponsored Links
From what I've seen of "dot and dab" this terminology is slang for cheap bodge. Stick to real plaster.

rockingrodders said:
From what I've seen of "dot and dab" this terminology is slang for cheap bodge. Stick to real plaster.

I'm trying to do it cheap, i.e. the whole bathroom for about £700 as I'm not likely to be in the house for long. I need to get the shower pipes in and the board up for when my mate comes to skim the room. Just found a link on the screwfix forums to a good flash animation tutorial at the knauf site: www.knaufdiy.co.uk/home/frames_downloads.html. Tells me enough to get going. Cheers!

Sponsored Links
rockingrodders said:
Not has any problem and it's no difference to timber stud wall.

stick to real plaster to do what?
dot and dab is used to stick the boards to the wall and is quick and works well, especially if you have an uneven wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back