dot and dab plasterboaarding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
simple question
im trying to lose some 15 mm pipes so need to bring the board out say 30 mm off the wall
is that ok

Sponsored Links
Well I have done it before not has any problem yet, what does it say the recommended thickness on the manufacter instruction other than that you could screw some 30mm timber batten to the wall

Well I have done it before not has any problem yet, does it you the recommended thickness on the manufacter instruction other than that you could screw some 30mm timber batten to the wall

Well I have done it before not has any problem yet, does it you the recommended thickness on the manufacter instruction other than that you could screw some 30mm timber batten to the wall

Sponsored Links
Well I have done it before not has any problem yet, does it say the recommended thickness on the manufacter instruction other than that you could screw some 30mm timber batten to the wall

I've done it recently but with 10mm pipes and not had any issues.

You'd do well to try and avoid getting the adhesive over the pipes though, especially if any of them carry hot water. If it's likely that adhesive will get on the pipework seal it up with plastic first to stop the adhesive attacking the copper.

The other alternative, as mentioned above, would be to use battens instead of adhesive.

Fred

or try double boarding ??? to reduce the thickness of the adhesive for the overlaying board try a notched trowel... suction or wot !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back