Dot N Dab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've a very small bathroom and I have removed all the plaster ( the walls were very uneven). I now wish to line them using dot and dab to save space. Can anybody give me a run down on the procedure?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Er, you put gobs of mortar at regular intervals on the wall, and stick the plasterboard to it. Ensure that you support the edges adequately.

Or did you mean something else? :confused:

Er, you put gobs of mortar at regular intervals on the wall, and stick the plasterboard to it.
Er, shouldn't that be drywall adhesive! Make sure you use reinforcing tape across the PB joins - I assume your plastering afterwards! Your better off using Aqua panel on the walls adjacent to the bath or over a shower area & tiling directly onto that; plasterboard will disintegrate if it gets damp.

Er I thought my wife was the funny one. what I was meaning do you need pads behind it ? whats the best way of straightening and keeping it plumb and keeping the boards in line etc.
Don't say get somebody else please, I'm fine once I've got an idea of the best way
cheers!

Sponsored Links
use drywall adhesive. once on teh wall in dabs then offer up the board. Then its best to get a staright edge to tap it hard to get it against the wall and then test for plumb. Do the same with the next one and use the flat edge to amke sure they are lined up, then carry on across the wall.

dot & dab does not save or increase space but reduces it , relative to a rendered finish anyhow.

Hi
I've a very small bathroom and I have removed all the plaster ( the walls were very uneven). I now wish to line them using dot and dab to save space. Can anybody give me a run down on the procedure?
Thanks
If there is to be alot of moisture in the bathroom then plasterboard is a no no. Building suppliers will advise on the products available.
If you are going ahead with the dot and dab, again ask your building supplier of the type of products to use. The backgroung must be free of any loose plaster and coated with a pva to avoid suction and for it to adhere better. Once you get this far then ask again.

Thanks to everyone who replied.
I realise that plasterboard is not the best option for a wet area, I've opted for exterior ply in the shower area and moisture resistant gyproc everywhere else. cost and time are a big factor in my choice, the bathroom will be tiled floor to ceiling. Are the pads not necessary except for fixing sink and toilet etc.
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back