Dotting and dabbing over copper pipes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am in the process of boarding my kitchen but there are several copper pipes that come out a little bit more than the rest of the wall, all the pipes can be pushed right back to the wall so i do not think that is a problem.

What I am wondering is, is it ok to get adhesive on the copper pipes? i am really going to have to slap on the adhesive and get the boards as tight to the wall as possible because of the pipes, so i expect the pipes to be encased by the time I am finished, i am thinking along the lines of either the pipes or adhesive expanding or retracting due to temperature etc, and one breaking the other, causing big problems once the kitchen has been fitted?

Ryan

Sponsored Links
all the pipes can be pushed right back to the wall so i do not think that is a problem.

What I am wondering is, is it ok to get adhesive on the copper pipes? i am really going to have to slap on the adhesive and get the boards as tight to the wall as possible because of the pipes, so i expect the pipes to be encased by the time I am finished, i am thinking along the lines of either the pipes or adhesive expanding or retracting due to temperature etc, and one breaking the other

If it was me, i wouldn't encase them in drywall adhesive. The effects you mention would concern me too.
Some pics may help.
I'd be happier chasing them in a bit (sounds like you nearly have them far enough in) and clipping to wall with the p/board passing over the top. Adhesive dabbed either side, and pipes allowed to contract/expand as they wish.
Don't forget of course exactly where all pipes are, so yourself or your fitter don't drill where they shouldn't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back