Double basin with 2 taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! can you please suggest me a Y or T to split a single 1/2 (standard tap size) into 2 ? I need it to connect it into my new double basin with 2 mixer taps L/R and so I would need to connect to a single wall H+C. So far I only managed to find a plastic washing machine Y junction.
I'm not too happy with the plastic and to be honest I would prefer a T in brass so that the new flexy can follow easily go left and right .
Regards

Sponsored Links
i presume you mean teeing the H&C feeds that are already there? if so then most merchants stock push fit tees if you want brass/copper then ask for Tectite or have a look in Wickes they stock copper speedfit

Not a big fun of push-fit as it would seat under the basin and there will be a moving drawer which knowing my MRS she will overfill it and... you know !!!

I was thinking of something like this:
http://www.nottstalgia.com/forums/uploads/loop1.jpg

Where and what is called that 3 way valve with the black butterfly tap? I could undo the 2 locking nuts and plug the flexible straight in there. So one inlet 2 outlet for each tap :)

Have a look on here since it provides codes for most fittings which a plumbers' merchants will have or can get hold of.

Sponsored Links
Most merchants would not be able to differentiate between a Yorkshire code and a set of lottery numbers.

The previous link is to a picture of a T-type filling loop. would probably do the job.
Alternatively, why not use a 15mm by 1/2" flexible tap connector with isolating valve plus a compression tee with the nut and olive removed from the branch, then screw the swivel end of the flexi onto the exposed 1/2" BSP thread of the tee? Probably cheaper than a filling loop.

@ Charnwood

I was looking for something like that but I could not find it...

But I thought to use this http://www.pegleryorkshire.co.uk/en...bc20&Rid=8e751aef-31e5-408e-8b9d-ee2e07cf3bfd

Remove the nuts and olive and connect 3 flexible hose (one with a cutoff valve) this repeated twice (for Hot and Cold feed)
and should work :) now I need to find someone who has it in stock.

I will print out and hand it over the counter.

Plumbing can be a pain sometimes.

Thank you very much guys :)[/url]

That equal tee is available everywhere - even in B&Q.
Before you get this, could you describe the mixer taps tails? Sometimes they come with braided connectors as in your photo, other times they have standard 1/2" threaded section.

If you can provide descriptions/photos and distances from the tap tails, then we'll be able to give you a specific shopping list and draw this matter to a successful completion :)

I have not yet bought the mixer taps. The reason is that the ikea basin bought it not as deep as we used to. So I have to install it first to have a clear picture of what hight the taps need to be. To low tap and will be unconfortable to high and it will spash water all over. :)

But I guess it will come with the standard 1/2 15mm flexy hose

I have not yet bought the mixer taps. The reason is that the ikea basin bought it not as deep as we used to. So I have to install it first to have a clear picture of what hight the taps need to be. To low tap and will be unconfortable to high and it will spash water all over. :)

But I guess it will come with the standard 1/2 15mm flexy hose
Best to be sure before you start, but if it is then you'll need a couple of 15mm (ideally full bore, but not essential) isolator valves for the current tails, a couple of 15mm equal tees and a short length of 15mm pipe to interconnect these fittings. Depending on how the current tails are currently situated - horizontally or vertically, you may want a couple of 15mm elbows too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back