Double socket - One 3 pin and one fused spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Did I imagine this existing? I want to swap a double socket for a single socket with a fused spur (like a cooker supply but not as deep) so I can use the switch to turn on a few outside lights. Does such a thing exist? I'm sure I spotted one somewhere, once.

Sponsored Links
You can make one up from euro modules and a double gang euro frame.

Replace the back box with a dual box

AP636.JPG

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/AP636.html

which is just a bit wider than the existing double box so minimum wall cutting required

and fit a single socket and a switched fused spur

Cheers. Never used those Euro modules but I'll take a look. May end up with a double to 2 singles though.

Sponsored Links
Bugger. The existing box is only 25mm. Just plastered and painted so would rather not have to knock it to bits. Do a plug with spur didn't exist?

Did I imagine this existing? I want to swap a double socket for a single socket with a fused spur (like a cooker supply but not as deep) so I can use the switch to turn on a few outside lights. Does such a thing exist? I'm sure I spotted one somewhere, once.
Do you realise that you don't have to have the Fused Connection Unit next to the socket from which you are taking the supply?

It could be situated along the run of the cable in a more convenient location.

Thanks for the info. I've gone with dealing the double to a single and simple plaster job. The socket is in a stupid place so a switch to an outside light is a better use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back