Downlighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know it's been asked a million times before but what would people fit in a kitchen these days
My last house we had 12v ones
Are the Jcc led ones as good
Everyone raves how much cheaper they are to run but is the light as good

Sponsored Links
whs.gif

Also - only two little tiny holes and one a bit larger in the ceilling.

If I were fitting downlights, I would forget about 12V and ago 230/240V. I would use I cage cans and opt for white/cool white LEDS. I know they are not everyone's cupa tea but people like them, and if designed right, they can add the wow factor and light up the area satisfactory.

Sponsored Links
Oh - can just a few LED ones light an entire room satisfactorily then?

That would depend on size of room and what you consider to be a few!
I never mentioned a just few, just design.

Like I said if designed correctly, meaning factoring the room size and requirements for lighting. You can adequately light up the room. I know you don't like them, but we are not all you! I have done plenty of rooms with LED downlights being the only method of lighting, and I cannot say there has every been an issue with the rooms being lit up unsatisfactorily.

I guess you don't regard "by using lots of them" as meaning "unsatisfactory".

I guess you don't regard "by using lots of them" as meaning "unsatisfactory".

Not an issue to me with regards to the correct number required to light up the area, whether that be just a few or many.

I am not saying it is an efficient method of lighting, just that it can be done.

Not an issue to me with regards to the correct number required to light up the area, whether that be just a few or many.
Like I say - you clearly don't regard "many" as meaning "unsatisfactory".

I am not saying it is an efficient method of lighting, just that it can be done.
If it's not efficient it is not satisfactory.

I'm satisfied with lots of lights so it must be satisfactory.

People are allowed to like different things to you.

We light factories with lines of low bay lights they are just big downlighters in a big room.

One bright light in the middle of a room is not the best way to light it. It was done like this before people knew any better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back