Downlighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've bought five downlighters and planned to replace the current central main light and arrange the other four artistically around that. But we now realise that the main central light is virtually on a joist and there isn't the clearance to get a downlighter in.

Anyone offer any solutions?

Sponsored Links
Bungalow - so one floor only. Ceiling is artexed. What's the best way to repair that?

phone a plasterer, or fit a normal light in the same place.

There is no way around it.

Sponsored Links
as you said
linlin said:
We've bought five downlighters and planned to replace the current central main light and arrange the other four artistically around that.

why dont you put
QK663297.jpg
in the centre an point the lights at that, hey presto, light all around the room

but seriously, will 4 lights be enough?

remeber downlights by their nature, point down

A repair would end up being a "smudge" job at best.

Plasterers around here would take 2-3 weeks to turn up.

The central pendant looks great, but I don't think would look right in a 2 m sq bathroom.

cant have a pendant light in abathrrom (unless its about 20 foot tall)

Aah, its going in a Special Location then........
did you get the correct downlights? IP44 in general, IP65 if over a shower.....bonding, notifiable works..etc etc

Are you sure you want to fit downlights?/ :LOL:

TTC

Pretty sure the downlighters are the correct sort - man in the shop was very helpful. Am hoping he'll be equally helpful when I ask for a full refund.

Why is life this complicated???

Fit a smoke detector over it, look bloody awful but cover the hole. You should be able to move and make good the hole, easier with artex unless you have a horrible pattern one.

Thanks for the suggestion - not a bad idea but what's the point in spending half a fortune refitting a bathroom for something that's going to look b****y awful?

Got a full refund. Same old boring central light is back to stay!

sorry didnt realise it was bathroom. I would definately move and fill center hole, i done mine you dont notice. ake sure u use corect zone fittings if u do decide again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back