Downlights or Kitchen Installation - Which should come first?

Sponsored Links
Having the "joy" of moving into a house with silly little downlights in the kitchen, I'd agree with the others saying "just don't". You get bright cones of light that makes glare on your glasses etc, while not lighting up the whole room with a nice uniform light. Things are somewhat better since I replaced most of the bulbs with different ones (LAP brand from Toolstation), but still absolutely nowhere near the utility of a large pendant bulb or flouro tube (or modern LED equivalent).
The PO did put some wiring in for under-cupboard lights - there's a bit of flex sticking through a hole in the back of a couple of the cupboards, with the ends in chock block and wrapped in tape :rolleyes: So I will be adding some under-cupboard lights because the worktops are in bad shadows thanks to the choice of unsuitable room lighting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back