Downlights

Sponsored Links
Hello MDC,
If you are going to fit downlights after all the replies then so be it ;) .

The last downlights I fitted were 'ok'. Though the lampholder means that one of those molten hot, energy guzzling lamps can be shoved in them :cry: .

I used superbright LED's in 'fire rated' fittings.
leddownlight.jpg

led2.jpg

The fittings only get warm at the most.

Regards

Ed

Hello MDC,
If you are going to fit downlights after all the replies then so be it ;) .

The last downlights I fitted were 'ok'. Though the lampholder means that one of those molten hot, energy guzzling lamps can be shoved in them :cry: .

I used superbright LED's in 'fire rated' fittings.
leddownlight.jpg

led2.jpg

The fittings only get warm at the most.

Regards

Ed

Hi Ed.......I'm totally at a loss as to what to do tbh. I just wanted to cover all angles before making a decision. I'm not too sure how much those square recessed lights with the 2D bulbs in them give off, and would be prepared to go with something like that but don't know how many I'd need! :confused: :LOL: I never knew choosing bloody lights for the kitchen would be so hard! ;) Incidentally, what building regs need satisfying for the installation of the downlights? And does it apply to all recessed lighting? Finally, as they're in a kitchen, do they have to be fire rated? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Went to a lighting store earlier on. Saw a fitting that we really liked. Used 6x40W G9 bulbs though, which were attached to three wavey arms. Only thing is they were £130 each, and I thought we might need two though I'm not sure. Looked online and can't find anything similar to it either nor is it on the store's website.

Just found these online. http://www.stopbox.co.uk/ceiling-li...bc0eb7715db6ac18.e3eSc34RbhyRe34Pa38Ta3aLbhr0 Don't seem that much different to the ones ban-all-sheds posted, though they maybe look a touch more "clinical"!! :LOL: How many of those would I get away with?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back